Admission to M.S. Program
Applications are first screened by the Graduate Division and are then forwarded to the Program for evaluation and approval. Applications are submitted online at the Graduate Division website. Check the requirements below for eligibility.
General Application Deadlines (for all applicants)
Fall: May 1
Spring: September 1
- BS degree in civil engineering or equivalent from an accredited U.S. college or university, or its equivalent from a recognized foreign institution of higher learning. Students who do not possess a BS degree in civil engineering must fulfill additional coursework upon admission.
- Minimum GPA (Grade Point Average) for full acceptance is 3.0 or equivalent in the last two years of undergraduate study and in all post-baccalaureate and graduate-level course work. The GPA is calculated based on a scale of 4.0=A.
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination) General Test or evidence of passing the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) exam. Alternatively, a Professional Engineer’s license is acceptable.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for most non-native speakers of English. Click here for further information.
- Statement of objectives, including area(s) of graduate study interest. Download statement of objectives form. Email the completed form directly to the Dept Graduate Secretary with cc to the Dept Graduate Chair.
- Three Letters of Recommendation are required.
- Applicants to Fast-Track 4+1 (BS+MS) Degree in Civil Engineering need to submit the application form and receive approval from the Civil Engineering Program Coordinator before submitting the online application to Graduate Division.
- Admitted applicants with legal residency from Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education (WICHE)member states pay 150% of resident tuition, which is less than non-resident tuition.