Admission to M.S. Program
Applications are first screened by the Graduate Division and are then forwarded to the Program for approval. Applications are submitted online at the Graduate Division website. Check the requirements below for eligibility.
Fall – May 1 for all applicants, Spring- September 1 for all applicants
- BS degree in civil engineering or equivalent from an accredited U.S. college or university, or its equivalent from a recognized foreign institution of higher learning. Students who do not possess a BS degree in civil engineering must fulfill additional coursework upon admission (see Minimum Prerequisites for Students Without a B.S. in Civil Engineering).
- Minimum GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.0 or equivalent in the last two years of undergraduate study and in all post-baccalaureate and graduate-level course work. The GPA is calculated based on a scale of 4.0=A.
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination) General Test or evidence of passing the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) exam.
- TOEFL scores for most non-native speakers of English 540 minimum (207 for computer-based test). Click here for information on exemptions.
- Statement of objectives, including area(s) of graduate study interest. Download statement of objectives form. Email completed form directly to the Graduate Chair.
- Applicants to Fast-Track 4+1 (BS+MS) Degree in Civil Engineering need to submit the application form and receive approval from CE Program Coordinator before submitting the online application to Graduate Division.
- Admitted applicants with legal residency from Western Interstate Commission on Higher Education (WICHE) member states do not pay full non-resident tuition, but instead pay 150% of resident tuition.