Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Currently at Technological University of Denmark
Areas of Specialty and Research Interest
- Behavior, design, and application of fiber reinforced cementitious composite materials
- Utilization of waste materials in cementitious composites
- Test specifications and evaluation of composite materials
- Prefabricated structural elements
- Damage evaluation
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of Michigan, 2002
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Michigan, 1998
- B.S. (Vordiplom), Technische Universitat Berlin, 1996
- Assistant Professor – Conducting research and teaching in the field of Materials and Structural Engineering, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii, August 2002 – present
- Post-doctoral Research Fellow – Coordinated research project on application of advanced composite materials in bridge structures, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, February 2002 – July 2002.
- Visiting Research Engineer – Conducted collaborative research project; presented and
facilitated information exchange on composite technology, Building Research Institute, Tsukuba, Japan, November 2000 – February 2002.
- CEE 370: Mechanics of Materials
- CEE 485: Reinforced Concrete Design
- CEE 696: Mechanics and Design of Composite Materials
Awards and Honors
- Hi Chang Chai Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Engineering, University of Hawaii at Manoa, 2003.
- Kim, Y.Y., Fischer, G., and Li, V.C., Performance of Bridge Deck Link Slabs Designed with
Ductile ECC, ACI Structural Journal, accepted June 2003.
- Kim, Y.Y., Fischer, G., and Li, V.C., Mechanical Performance of Sprayed Engineered Cementitious Composite Using Wet-Mix Shotcreting Process for Repair Applicationsï, ACI Materials Journal, Vol.101, No.1, Jan.-Feb., pp 42-49.
- Fischer, G., and Li, V.C., 2003, Intrinsic response control of moment resisting frames utilizing advanced composite materials and structural elements, ACI Structural Journal, V.100, No.2, Mar.-Apr., pp. 166-176.
- Fischer, G., 2003, Summary of findings and recommendations of the JCI international workshop on ductile fiber reinforced cementitious composites (DFRCC), JCI Journal, Vol. 41, No.2, pp. 56-59.
- Fischer, G., and Li, V.C., 2003 Deformation behavior of FRP reinforced flexural members under reversed cyclic loading conditions, ACI Structural Journal, V.100, No.1, Jan.-Feb., pp. 25-35.
- Fischer, G., and Li, V.C., 2002, Effect of matrix ductility on deformation behavior of steel reinforced ECC flexural members under reversed cyclic loading conditions, ACI Structural Journal, V.99, No.6, Nov.-Dec., pp. 781-790.
- Fischer, G., and Li, V.C., 2002,Influence of matrix ductility on tension-stiffening behavior of steel reinforced engineered cementitious composites (ECC), ACI Structural Journal, V.99, No.1, Jan.-Feb., pp. 104-111.