to M.S. Program
Applications are first screened by the Graduate
Division and are then forwarded to the Department for approval.
Application forms can be downloaded from the Graduate Division website. Check the requirements below for eligibility.
Fall - May 1 for all applicants
Spring – September 1 for all applicants
- BS degree in civil engineering or equivalent from an accredited U.S.
college or university, or its equivalent from a recognized foreign
institution of higher learning. Students who do not possess a
BS degree in civil engineering must fulfill additional coursework upon
admission (see Graduate
- Minimum GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.0 or equivalent in the last
two years of undergraduate study and in all post-baccalaureate and
graduate-level course work. The GPA is calculated based on a
scale of 4.0=A.
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination) General Test or evidence of passing
the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) exam.
- TOEFL scores for most non-native speakers of English – 540
minimum (207 for computer-based test). Click here for
information on exemptions.
- Statement of objectives, including area(s) of graduate study interest. Download statement of objectives form.
- Applicants wishing to be considered for a Teaching Assistantship or Research Assistantship submit Graduate Assistant Application Form, Graduate Assistant Evaluation Form, and three sealed letters of recommendation..
Home | Admissions & Financial
Aid | Undergraduate
Study | Graduate
Study | Faculty & Staff | Research